Skip to main content

"Give me something to believe in, 'Cause I don't believe in you Anymore Anymore..." ~ Maroon 5!

Don't ask me why I've been on a Maroon 5 kick today, I just have :) And of course the one song I really wanted to listen to didn't get downloaded properly :/ But c'est la vie, eh?

Aside from listening to Maroon 5 I heard an old favorite song of mine; "The Way" - Fastball. It's a really great song about just picking up, leaving, and never looking back. Now normally I could just go off on a tangent about that but that's not what I wish to rant about tonight. Tonight is about "Age". That song came out in 1999; I was in 5th grade and new to listening to anything other than Hanson and Spice Girls. Since I did go through a stage where it was my "favorite" song I bought it as a ringback tone, among other songs I enjoy listening to. James used to call me frequently and when he heard "The Way" immediately said, "Wow, I haven't heard that since I was almost a freshman in High School!". I then realized how much older he is to me...granted it may only be 4 or 5 years, it's still a considerable gap. He was the oldest guy I've ever dated, but also in my opinion the most immature next to Andrew-Kitty. At least Andrew-Kitty had an excuse; he's a very sheltered 18-year-old.
But that's aside from my point. After realizing how much older James is to me, I then remembered back to High School and my friend Ryan who told me straight-up he'd never date a Freshman when he was a Senior. Well, his Senior year rolled around and do you know what he did? Oh, you guessed correct: He dated a Freshman, who was just out of Middle School. Ugh, I hate liars and hypocrites! Maybe she was a very mature Freshman. I never really got to know her. All I know is she was 3-4 years younger than him and in High School that's a huge deal! A Freshman is just beginning to get the feel of High School and get settled in for the next 4 years, while a Senior is stoked to be leaving in 10 months. Mind-sets are completely different, or at least they should be.
Now the social norm of dating is "Younger girl, older guy". Always has been. For me, that's never the case. Like I said, James was the oldest guy I've dated, and while I've dated a couple other men who have been older than me they never stuck. The younger ones, however, seem to work out better with me. Maybe it's because I'm on their maturity level or maybe it's because when they're younger I feel like I have someone I can take care of and cherish...almost like a child but in a romantic sense. Now when I say younger I DO NOT mean 13 or 14 (although that Justin Bieber kid is lookin' pretty sexy right now ;] KIDDING!); youngest I've dated was 18, and I waited to even express an interest in him until after he turned 18. Like, currently I am interested in Alex (in case you couldn't tell from my Twitters or last blog entry) and he's 19, just about 2 years younger than I am. Is he less mature? Not at all. In fact I think he's more mature than me. Maturity and age are 2 completely different levels, in my opinion.

Oh, and on a completely different note:
As we all know I use Formspring to kill time by answering usually anonymous questions. Recently the anonymous questions, aside from being poor grammatically, have been rather odd; asking about personal subjects dealing with sex. Yes I know people normally ask that on Formspring but once I say "No I don't like that" the subject should be dropped. But NO! Not with this person...they went on and on for 3 questions, finally attacking my digs at their poor grammar skills. Seriously, when did Formspring become a "Burn Book"? It shouldn't be there for people to stab at you with your own personal business.

And with that I shall go back to texting with Alex :)
until next we meet...
♥*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Well I may have your heart, He has your body..." ~ Bayside <3! [Don't Call Me Peanut]

And so goes another one out of my life most likely. Yep, I lost another friend in the last 48 hours; Spencer. All I can say is I'm sorry, but Cora was just telling you what I was thinking but not telling you; I wasn't going to go over to Bob's, get wasted, and potentially sleep with you. No. That's NOT how I work, and you of all people should know this by now. But whatever. Like my IM said to him earlier, he knows how to get at me. *sigh* So about how that even came about... My family went away to The Great Escape Lodge this weekend, leaving me back here in East Bumblebuttons because I had to work :/ It's all good; I had my own fun. I worked, hung out at the Bowley's house with Joanna and Melissa, hung out with Cora at Rite Aid, then even hung with Amy for a little while and talked about old times :) It definitely was super fun for me. Now how does Spencer work into this? Well, he had told me earlier in the week that he was going to go help Zach housesit for Bob

"If it's not perfect I'll perfect it til my heart explodes..." ~ Hinder <333

Now that ^^ is an old song...at least to people my age haha! It was super popular in 2005, and then Hinder started to suck. I never gave it any thought until I heard it with Tawny today, and I was like "WHOA! This song actually makes sense to me now!" The chorus goes: Go home, get stoned We can end up making love instead of misery Go home, get stoned Because the sex is so much better when you're mad at me After dating (and having sex with) a stoner, I understand this now. Wow, am I enlightened! Hahaha! I hung out at FMCC today, mostly with Spencer as I said was going to happen :P Actually before that, I hung out with Cindy; I MISS HER LIKE CRAZY! Then I was with Spencer for almost 3 hours, until Aaron came and stole'd him away D: :P I went into the "Dungeon", found Lauren and Adam, FINALLY talked to Justin, and then saw Mike and his new girlfriend, which is a girl I've known for a couple years now named Alea. Then Tawny and I left campus, went to McDonal

EPIPHANY! :D

If you think about it, being in love is simply settling for someone you really get along with who has similar interests that you can't describe why you feel the way you do for them but you do and it's an amazing feeling. I've always wanted to believe that love and all things related was like this biiiiig beautiful rainbow of stuff that happened and we'd all live happily ever after. WRONG! Love is exactly what my quote above says; settling for that one person who makes you happy and you get along with. Now, I've had my share of bad relationships, let's not kid ourselves, but honestly I take each one and use it towards discovering what I really want out of a longer lasting one. For instance, in my last relationship the guy I was with would walk around his town with me and show me everywhere he used to work or hang out at; I felt like I was getting a deeper understanding of him. I liked that. Unfortunately, he's addicted to pot; that I didn't like. The